Severe weather or a health concern are possible reasons why the CSU campus may temporarily close. Instructors, these steps are designed to help you prepare, in the event the campus needs to move face to face courses online into Canvas.
Canvas – Move Your Course Online
- Develop realistic goals for class continuation.
- Update course objectives/timeline/syllabus/grading
- Course should already be in Canvas.
Academic courses worth 1 credit or more are automatically created in Canvas.
- Content Preparation
- In Canvas course, create Folders under Files. e.g. Module 1, Module 2
- Upload files from your computer into Canvas Files Folders.
- Create Course Modules
- Link Canvas files to Canvas Modules
- Create Page; Make a page the course Home page
- Create Online Assignments with due dates
- Gradebook and course grading scheme
- Upload updated course syllabus